Japan AIDS Prevention Awareness NetworkAIDS Education for the EFL/ESL Classroom
For recent AIDS news updates, please see our newsletter.
Japan's HIV/AIDS Statistics
AIDS News Updates
"Tokyo Clinic Extends Hours for HIV"
"Japan's HIV/AIDS Cases Hit New High"
"New TB Bacteria Resistant to Many Drugs"
"HCV Tests Shunned by Tokyoites"
"AIDS Awareness Falling by the Wayside"
"Japan Reports Record Number of New HIV Infections in April-June"
***UNITED STATES: "25 Years of AIDS" ***
"Going to the Streets to Fight Resurgent TB"
"Men Who Have Sex with Men Vulnerable to HIV/AIDS in Asia, but Widely Ignored"
"Women Becoming New Face of AIDS in Asia"
"Japan Faces Potential AIDS-Tuberculosis Dual-Epidemic, Experts Say"
"Japan's AIDS Stigma Hampers Treatment, Activists Say"
"Rise in Japan Teen Sex Ignites Education Debate"
"Japanese Who Thought It Couldn't Happen Here Suddenly Confront a Surge in AIDS Cases"
"New Statistics Raise Fears of an AIDS Explosion"
"Japan's AIDS Experts Alarmed as HIV Infections Hit Record High"
"Ministry Urges Better HIV Test Services"
- Japanese Charity Plans AIDS Home" (allAfrica.com) 03.19.03::Monitor (Kampala)
- Japan's HIV Cases Rose in Last 3 Months of 2002 (Associated Press) 01.31.03
- Of Aid and AIDS
By John Gershman (February 5, 2003)
- Young People Account for 40 Percent of HIV-Infected in Japan (Associated Press) 08.06.021999 News
- Sex Education Booklet Spawns Controversy in Japan (Agence France Presse) 09.09.02
- Japan's Casual 'Sex Friends' Risk More Than Broken Hearts (Newsweek) 09.16.02
- Japan Needs Refresher in AIDS Awareness (Nikkei Weekly) 10.07.02
- Japanese Study Confirms Efficacy of the Female Condom (Infectious Disease News) 01/991998 News
- Health--Japan: Still Complacent About HIV/AIDS (IPS Wire) 01/06/99
- Public Health Targets Teens' Private Acts (Journal of the American Medical Association) 01/06/99
- Doctors: Tell Children if They Have HIV Infection (Richmond Times-Dispatch) 01/06/99
- The Deadly Gender Gap (Village Voice Online) 12/30/98-/01/05/99
- Guangxi HIV Cases Jump From One to 700 in 2.5 Years (South China Morning Post Online) 01/05/99
- Over 40 Million People to Be Infected With AIDS by 2000 (Itar Wire Service) 01/01/99
- Popular Drama Prompts Interest in HIV in Japan (Lancet) 12/05/981997 News
- Health: Women Gamble With Holiday Sex (BBC News Online) 11/20/98
- Japan's Health Ministry Announces AIDS Campaign 9/29/98
- Number of New TB Cases Rises for 1st Time Since 1960 9/22/98
- Japanese Officials Were Aware of HIV in Blood Products 09/98
- HIV Study Should Focus on Women--U.S. AIDS Chief 08/03/98
- Progress of HIV Found to Be Faster in Women 08/04/98
- Ministry Panel Feared HIV Patients in '83 07/31/98
-12 Die of TB Outbreak at Elderly Care Home in 1995-1997 07/27/98
- Heterosexual Transmission High During Early HIV Infection 07/08/98
- Are Japanese Researchers Exploiting Thai HIV Patients? 05/98
- Warning Issued on Use of Viagra with Poppers 5/12/98
**- Report: Five Young People Infected With HIV Every Minute 04/22/98 **
- HIV-Positive Patients at Particular Risk of TB in Japan 04/13/98
- Health Ministry reports 6.1 HIV/AIDS increase in 1997 03/16/98
- New Green Cross AIDS Case Found 03/17/98
- Oldest Case of HIV Infection Confirmed 02/04/98
- Record number of AIDS patients in Japan 01/28/98
- Brazil Turns to Women to Stop Dramatic Rise in AIDS Cases 01/09/98
- Saliva Component Blocks AIDS Virus (Reuters) 01/08/98
- Record number of HIV in Japan (Kyodo) 11/25/97
- AZT Not Needed in AIDS Cocktails (UPI) 09/29/97
- Pill Could be Risk Factor in HIV Spread (Reuters) 09/26/97
- Female AIDS Cases Are Rising Swiftly (Washington Post) 09/17/97
- Women Are Left Out of Hunt for AIDS Drugs (NY Times) 09/11/97
- HIV-Positive Women More Vulnerable to Vaginal Yeast Colonization (Reuters) 08/01/97
- Disclosure of Condom Breakage to Sexual Partners (AMA Journal) 07/23/97
- Kenya's AIDS Policy 'Is Gender Insensitive' (Africa News Service) 08/04/97
- When Older Women Get H.I.V. (NY Times)07/31/97
- AIDS, HIV Cases Reach 5,000 in Japan (Xinhua)07/29/97
- Japanese Official Fired for AIDS Remark (UPI)07/17/97
- Inclusion of Women in Clinical Trials of Antiretroviral Agents for HIV/AIDS During Pregnancy (Lancet)07/12/97
- Case Of HIV Transmission Via Oral Mucosa Reported (Reuters)07/11/97
- If the Condom Breaks (Time)06/23/97